I'm trying to update my iPhone 6 to 10.2 by using an IPSW file from ipsw.me but iTunes keeps saying "The iPhone (name) could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible". As far I know, itunes is up to date and the computer has already been restarted.
· Okay, so my girlfriend uninstalled something necessary to her 8.4 jailbreak. Because it was messed up, I updated it to 8.4.1 like an idiot, hoping I could downgrade. I can't downgrade because iTunes keeps telling me the firmware's incompatible. So what the hell do I do? Because I've tried 2 different macs already.
Open the program, find the option Check for updates. In many cases, once you update the software, the problem with the firmware disappears. Solution No.4: Restoring in DFU mode. Restart your computer, and launch iTunes. The next step is to connect the USB cable to your computer, but do not connect your device. Hold the home and sleep buttons on your device, and once the screen on your …
[Help] I have problem with iphone 7 iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak , it won’t open and it just show Apple logo then turn off again and again . now I connect iphone with itunes to update to iOS 11.4.1 but itunes show me this problem. how I have to fix this ‘ this iphone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible,
Put your iPhone in DFU mode, and click the restore button via iTunes to recover your device. Reinstall iTunes - In many cases, updating iTunes tool will not solve the firmware compatibility problem and you can easily fix it by reinstalling iTunes. First you need to uninstall iTunes, Restart your Pc or Mac, then download the latest iTunes software.
· The firmware file is not compatible which means the IPSW you got is not the right one for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your iTunes doesn’t recognize your firmware file. Therefore, to fix this problem, you need to get the right firmware file or make your computer recognize this file. We will show you some methods you can try below:
· I see the update button but when select the file it says "The iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible" For reference I am currently jailbroken on 10.2 using make_noerase_ipsw to update to 10.3.3 . level 2. iPhone X, 13.5 | Original Poster 1 point · 3 years ago. Make sure you download the correct ipsw file, or just click the update button (without pressing ...
· So I tried to download the firmware directly from some ipsw websites (had to wait over night) making sure to select the right one, which is not too hard because theres only one for iPod touch 6. And clicked update/restore on itunes while holding down shift on my pc and selecting the downloaded file. But it keeps coming up with "firmware not compatible" and no other information. I have tried ...
· When iDevice users experience problems with the iOS software or unlocking, it is not uncommon for their lives to unravel. My passion is providing answers to your problems.
iPadOS 13 "firmware is not compatible" Trying to restore a dev iPad to iPad_Fall_2018_13.0_17A5492t_Restore.ipsw on a 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", and I keep getting "This iPad could not be restored because the firmware is not compatible"
There is no happiness for people when it comes at the expense of other people.