· A: Intel has provided system and motherboard manufacturers with the necessary firmware and software updates to resolve the vulnerabilities identified in Security Advisory Intel-SA-00086. Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer regarding their plans for making the updates available to …
· Intel has released a downloadable detection tool located at http://www.intel.com/sa-00086-support , which will analyze your system for the vulnerabilities identified in this security advisory. The only method of restoring the system to its fully functional state is to update both the Intel® ME Firmware and the iCLS software to confirm proper re-provisioning of the platform.
Intel Management Engine Interface helps your operating system to communicate with the Intel Management Engine firmware. The package addresses the Intel security advisory INTEL SA 00086 (CVE-2017-5705 and CVE-2017-5708). A security advisory is a statement when a product is impacted by a security vulnerability and a remedy is available.
· INTEL-SA-00086 fixes are in the latest macOS security updates, please update if you care about ME firmware security. Thanks again to @h0t_max, @_markel___ and @_Dmit for their work. — Nikolaj Schlej (@NikolajSchlej) January 30, 2018
· Firmware Security. Hastily-written news/info on the firmware security/development communities, sorry for the typos.
While i was searching for the Intel ME update I came across the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool and when i run it now it still mentions a Intel ME version of 22.214.171.1246. In the intel forum they told me, it is that i am getting data from two different sources (OS and Firmware) and that I should check on the dell website which driver to use and that the intel me gets updated with the BIOS.
· Just a humble reminder to everyone freaking out by INTEL-SA-00086 aka total ME takeover: ME is a core of fTPM 2.0, BootGuard, SGX, PAVP, ICC, DAL and who knows what else on modern Intel platforms, so you you want to freak out – do it harder! 😉
· ACPI AMD AMI Android Apple ARM ARM Ltd BIOS Canonical CHIPSEC Coreboot Debian EDK2 EFI event FreeBSD FWTS Google HP IBM Intel Intel AMT Intel ME Intel SGX IoT job-posting Lenovo Linaro Linux macOS Matthew Garrett Meltdown Microsoft Nikolaj Schlej qemu Redfish Red Hat RISC-V Rust Secure Boot SMM Spectre TianoCore TPM U-Boot UEFI UEFI Forum USB Vincent …
This package contains the Dell system BIOS update. BIOS is a firmware that is embedded on a small memory chip on the system board. It controls the keyboard, monitor, disk drives, and other devices. This update addresses the Intel Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00086. A security advisory is a statement when a product is impacted by a security vulnerability and a remedy is available.
Intel® Active Management Technology 9.x/10.x/11.x/12.x Security Review Cumulative Update Advisory: INTEL-SA-00141: Sept 11, 2018: Sept 11, 2018: Intel® CSME Assets Advisory: INTEL-SA-00125: June 04, 2019: Sept 11, 2018: INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool DLL Injection Issue Advisory: INTEL-SA-00119: Sept 11, 2018: Sept 11, 2018
Unternehmenserfolg im Datenzeitalter mit skalierbaren Intel® Xeon® Prozessoren. Nutzen Sie Advanced Analytics und Hybrid Clouds für Ihr Unternehmen.
It is never too soon to be kind, for we never know how soon it will be too late.